Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ten on Thursday

1.  We had 2 days of rain and big storms earlier this week.  In all, the rain measured 3 inches and the ditches and depressions in fields are all filled up.  We have a shelterbelt of spruce trees, carragana bushes and willow trees and the wind whipped lots of branches - some of them really big ones - off onto our lawn.



2.  I used a really cute basket as the gift box for my sister's birthday present and while it came with a bright summery liner, I sewed her something that could be changed up for winter too.  I like how it turned out!


3.  I've been purging stacks of stuff and while leafing through a stack of old Simple Scrapbooks magazines, found some awesome ideas for layouts.  I miss that magazine!

4.  My mom, sister, aunt and niece are leaving for Europe today.  I'm going to be thinking about them every single day!  

5.  Check out the Big Idea Festival over at Big Picture Scrapbooking!  It starts in August and is FREE!  You can click on the button on to top of my sidebar and it will take you directly there too.  Please come and be inspired!

6.  I spent a little time reading Kayce's blog (she's one of the Big Picture Scrapbooking partners) today and want to share this story that she posted earlier.  

Two Wolves Inside Each of Us
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life.  “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.
 “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other wolf is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person too.”
The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

7.  A certain little miss has requested some new pyjamas for hot days so I'm tracing a pattern for a nightie and hope to work on it later today.  I love when people ask for specific sewing projects.

8.  All the rain around here is growing some very interesting mushrooms!





9.  I spent a little time on Pat's Back Porch today and enjoyed pictures of the area around her home in Missouri.  I really hope to visit that part of the world someday.

10.  Patterns in clouds and the sky have fascinated me lately and this was over our house today.


Pounding rain followed and then an hour later the storm circled back and it poured again.


 



2 comments:

  1. The story of the two wolves gave me chills! How true it is. If you don't mind, I may just copy that onto my blog today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, look at that storm cloud. It's amazing how the sky changes so quickly and the rain just pours down. Hopefully not too much damage to gardens, trees and crops.

    That basket is so cute. Did she like it? We were praying last night for safe flights and journeys into Europe. I do wish I were in one of their suitcases though. ;)

    You just might get a visit to the mid-west in a year's time. Who knows where we'll be next, but we do know that the residency programs there are eager to have IMGs come. Although I did have a dream last night that Tyler got into a Canadian program. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete