Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Photography Tuesday - and Books


My challenge this week was to use the manual shutter speed on my camera. These are 3 of the pictures so you can compare - 1/4 (the lightest and brightest), 1/60, and 1/125(the darkest). These were taken at about 9:30 p.m. on an overcast day, outside on the patio table. It was interesting to compare the results. I think I could use this in some lowlight situations to avoid using a flash. I'd be interested to hear about some experiments that others have done.

I photographed my stack of books for summer reading. What a mix! There's everything from Reader's Digest "Digital Pictures" to Francine Rivers "The Prince". There are ones about India, Afghanistan, WWII Europe, Rwanda and Bosnia, and Egypt. I'll let you know how it goes - and how many I actually get read!!! Let's hear about your faves!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, bring the one about Rwanda with you, so I can read it when you're done. The pictures look great. I'm so glad you're experimenting and figuring out all these things. You'll get so awesome pictures here. Maybe this weekend I'll get back into some books. I have my marking all done!!! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite books is Nelson Mandella's Autobiography. It is HUGE and sometimes hard to read, but so good. And i love "Dreams of a Walled City" about a girl's life in China. Hmmm i'll have to think of more. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!!!! I love the photos! Feel free to pass any of those my way!

    ReplyDelete