Wednesday, June 21, 2006
17 hours, 3 minutes
Happy Summer! It's the longest day of the year and did you know that in central Alberta we will have 17 hours and 3 minutes of daylight? How's that for awesome trivia? It made for a great math question for my class - if the sun goes down at 10:07 p.m. (which is true too), what time did it come up? We even had the little practise clocks out to help us figure!
I know it's late but still --- Happy Father's Day, especially to my Dad! He really is an amazing man. Aby Garvey posted a comment on her blog (creativeorganizing.typepad.com) from the book "Everyday with Rachel Ray" and I'm going to use it too. (I love all the sharing that goes on via blogs but I digress....)
I Am My Father's Daughter because................
1. we are both perfectionists - don't do it if you can't do it perfectly!
2. quiet but thoughtful and confrontation is to be avoided at nearly all costs - peacemakers are we two!
3. reading is a passion - and we both like to read in bed before falling asleep.
4. when shopping, buy the very best that you can afford (especially in tractors, clothes, shoes and chocolate!!)
5. never, ever run out of food when you are entertaining! Far better to have a fridge full of leftovers than that there should be an empty platter or bowl on the table.
6. we love to watch our children and truly celebrate every one of their achievements.
Wow - we truly are products of genetics and our environment!! I have not ever really considered how much alike we are until today. Good stuff to pause and consider. Thanks for your love and support, Dad!