1. Meadow and I finished a surprise Christmas present for her mom today. She is so excited to see Naomi's reaction for this project that she dreamed up all by herself. I'm so happy that she asked me to help her. I hope it will be the start of many more creative days we can spend together. I love the idea of our grandchildren creating with me :)
2. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with some of my family to deliver Santa's Anonymous gifts to families in the city. It's such a great way to help out at this time of year. As my sister would say, "We made a memory" by doing it together.
3. Jennifer wrote, over at The High Calling, this week of "A Very Mary Christmas", her memories of waiting to be chosen as Mary, in the Sunday School Christmas concert. If you've ever worn a bathrobe or dishtowel costume (and even if you haven't!) , you will see the amazing eternal message in her writing.
4. Christmas baking is non-existent at this house right now. I have made several batches of poppycock - but they've all left the house, which is probably a good thing!
5. There are some beautiful displays of Christmas lights in this area. It's so much fun to wander around through the towns and countryside looking at them. I hope you take some time to do the same in your community. It definitely makes me smile and remember that Jesus came to be the Light of the world.
Happy 4th Sunday in Advent this weekend!