2. I've been drinking ginger lemon tea + honey + lemon juice for 3 days now but it's not having much effect on this cold. Next step: Vick's VapoRub.
3. Watching this little one ski was just amazing last weekend! She is a natural and is loving the whole process. Her hero right now is Jen Heil, a Canadian Olympic gold medal skier. (Thanks for taking the picture, Na!)
4. I know I shouldn't bring up the weather when Lethbridge (Hi, Rhonda!) and England (Hi, Linds!) are being hit hard these days but up here it's the wind that's constantly blowing. We aren't used to that at all. It's sucked every bit of moisture up and there's no spring run-off or flooding happening in our area.
5. On the highway to Jasper there's a spot that's called Sheep Corner. And they were there again this time!
6. I'm getting ready to do Ali Edwards' Week In My Life challenge next week. It's a photo and journalling challenge to record the everyday details of a whole week and then scrapbook them (completely up to you as to the degree of scrapbooking). Don't you think it would be cool to see what a week in your grandmother's or mother's life, at the stage that you are at, would look like? So - how about you? Are you in for the challenge too? It would be cool to have you join us!
7. I'm so inspired by the color challenges that Stacy Julian features on her blog. Check them out!
(image from Stacy's blog)
8. And speaking of Stacy Julian - today her challenge was to take a picture of What's In Your Purse? It was a good excuse to clean some of the loose papers out of mine! And another moment to capture in a scrapbook :))
9. Here's a great recipe for Asparagus and Zucchini Crudi (a type of salad) to try - thanks for sharing, Mel!
10. I'm off to my favourite conference of the year - International Reading Association - tomorrow. Books + learning about reading + good friends = a happy day!
Hope your day is a happy one too :))