Monday, April 12, 2010

Simple Woman #84


For Today . . .  April 12, 2010



Outside my window . . .  after the spring blizzard we had last Thursday night, spring is creeping back.  It's only +2 degrees C this morning but the sun is shining and the gale-force winds have subsided.  Ahhh - spring in Alberta!

I am thankful . . .  for our Bible study group and the discussion and questions we have when we gather.

And I also am thankful . . .  for phone calls and email wishes around my birthday last week.   

I am praying . . .   for university students as they finish classes, papers and projects and head into final exams.  Our nephews are very busy right now!

I am thinking . . .   about what to make for supper.  My inspiration is sadly lacking today!

I am creating . . . 
  an Easter layout using the photo collage I created last week.  I printed it as a 12 X 12 photo and it's cool :))

I am celebrating . . .  my sister-in-law's birthday.

From the kitchen . . .  Homemade Granola, the last Easter eggs sauteed in butter and served on toast, Creamy Noodles - Roasted Asparagus - Lemon Dill Sole for supper.  I had the yummiest thin crust pizza with spinach, feta cheese and fresh tomatoes at Jasper Pizza on the weekend - I can still taste it!!

I am wearing . . .  black pants, a blue angora cardigan, silver ball earrings and black dress shoes - ready for school!

I am reading . . .  Luke 6 - The Beatitudes and Loving Others - Do to others as you would have them do to you.
                           Reclaiming the "L" Word (Renewing the Church from Its Lutheran Core) by Kelly A. Fryer - chapter 5 - Love Changes People - "Nothing IS the same once you have been touched by the boundless love of Jesus."
                           Zen Habits - The Zen of Doing - finding the joy in being, instead of rushing.  I know Linds at Rocking Chair Reflections touched on this topic recently too.  I am guilty of rushing - but am working to change. 
                           
I am hoping . . .  to get to my sewing machine this evening. 

I am hearing . . .  Meadow's voice "Oops, sorry - my elbow flipped", from a little game she and Grampa were playing on the weekend.  

I am going . . .  to take our tax info to the accountant this week.

Around the house and yard . . . the branches we cut off the apple, saskatoon and cranberry trees need to be carried away and the pots need to be emptied yet.  Inside there's vacuuming and floors to wash (never-ending, it seems!).

One of my favourite thin
gs . . .  seeing the mountaintops covered in snow.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  2 days of subbing, my favourite reading conference, Bible study and heading to Calgary.

[add]A quote for today . . .  
“There is a destiny that makes us brothers, No one 
goes his way alone; All that we send into the lives of 
others,  Comes back into our own.”
—Edwin Markham
(1852-1940); poet





Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . . the sky was so blue and the mountains were so beautiful as we drove home yesterday.


More Simple Woman Daybooks can be found at Peggy's site.

1 comment:

  1. that mountain photo is gorgeous! i hope you had a great time! looking forward to your visit!

    ReplyDelete