Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Gratitude Gifts Today

I am so blessed with these little - and big! - gifts:


- a bowl of colored eggs, created with Meadow, Naomi and Jerry

- mailing thank-you cards

- an evening with sweet Blake - I adore one-on-one time with our grandchildren

- new cards lined up on the china cabinet shelf

- a big pot of soup stock, cooked from Sunday’s ham bone

- a little hat hanging on the bannister post

- two bluejays lighting, ever so briefly, on the tree just outside my kitchen window

- hard-cooked eggs sauteed in butter, a post-Easter tradition from my mom

- sending birthday wishes through the mail to many friends this week

- easy suppers based on leftovers

- music filling up the kitchen

- chai latte’ in a favourite spring mug

- sweet little hostess gifts

- being able to run outside without boots and a jacket

- tiny sprigs of green grass poking up between last year’s brown

- empty laundry basket

- fresh lemon zest

- inspiration

- messages of faith (check this one from Kelly)

- bright, beautiful colors

- conversation

- games and the laughter they bring

- an empty card box - all the wishes sent out to be shared

- sending baby gifts

 - crafty little bags

- reading the story of Jesus'  birth during this time of remembering why He came

- accepting that He is why I live and have my being

- the amazing Ann at A Holy Experience who first encouraged this listing of gratitude


holy experience



3 comments:

  1. I love your photo collage. LO?
    Signs of spring are so wonderful and welcome this time of year. What a time to celebrate Easter with new life, new hope, new enthusiasm and eagerness. I love it!
    Little insights and blessings in your days makes me feel nearer and more grateful that you are my mom and friend. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'hard-cooked eggs sauteed in butter' - sounds interesting! I never know what to do with the left over easter eggs, other than egg salad. I'm trying this! And I love the collage, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Crystal, and the encouragement, too!

    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo collage... and your joy list to Jesus makes me sing!

    Oh, lips of praise -- is there anything more beautiful?

    Much love...
    All's grace,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete