Saturday, October 21, 2006

Playing with Meadow


Here is our precious Meadow at 3 and a half months! She's really starting to respond to talking and seeing people that she recognizes. Naomi says she's a spirited child and I agree. She has a mind of her own and tons of energy. I think she's going to keep all of us on the go!

She's just figured out that looking in the mirror is fun. She'll study herself so intently and then starts jumping or moving - as you can tell by the blurred images!

This little chair is pretty amazing!! She can sit in it even though she's not strong enough to sit by herself. There are some seriously smart people out there, designing kids' stuff. Quite the serious miss, isn't she?



Do you know how hard it is to take a picture and hold a baby at the same time?? I just kept clicking the camera and got a few keepers - thank goodness for digital images!!

Her mom thought she might go to bed between 8 and 9. She had one little half hour nap and then didn't crash until well after 10. At one point I thought I'd have to call Naomi to come home because she wouldn't have anything to do with the bottle of milk but then she suddenly changed her mind and chugged the whole bottle down. Babysitting is a whole new experience again! I really think I need to keep practising so I get it perfect!

Thanks for staying with me as I ramble on!!

7 comments:

  1. Awwww she's just so adorable!!! What a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute pics! I love the look on your face when you're holding her and trying to snap the pic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she's changing so much. Everytime you put a new picture up I'm surprised at her looks and expressions, how much she's grown and her abilities. I can't wait for Christmas. You're going great as a babysitter, and I know Meadow will treasure these days with you. I remember how much I loved my my grandma's babysitting me. Make her a few treats she can always remember you by. Thank-you for sharing your precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! She's growing by leaps and bounds!! Just so stinkin' cute, too!
    Glad you had so much fun babysitting - I know that it's a huge help when parents have grandparents who are willing and able to help out! Enjoy each stage - they go by so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so sweet! I love the pictures you captured - evidence of her love for motion! She is such a gem! I bet the babysitting gets easier as you go! And it is such a blessing that you live close enough to be able to do that for Naomi and Jerry! I'm glad she finally took the bottle though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your able to give Noami a break for a bit. Too bad that she didn't want to take the milk.

    Who needs toys when you have a mirror. Micah used to sit there for an hour and look at himself.

    ReplyDelete