Saturday, October 14, 2006
It's become one of my Thanksgiving traditions to buy an arrangement of flowers for our table. My favorite comes in a cornucopia basket. This one's been on the table for a week and it still looks fresh and festive. Seeing it always brings a smile to my face and a gentle reminder to remember things for which I want to be thankful. Today's list:
1. my parents - still healthy and active - especially mindful of this as a long time family friend of theirs passed away this week and Mom and Dad came home early from their BC holiday to be at his funeral.
2. food, glorious food in all its abundance in our home
3. growing things - going to my Mom's in a few minutes to help her dig the last row of carrots out of her garden
4. access to a first rate health care system - I know there are things that could be better but it's not like in many other countries where there are no facilities, medicines or supplies.
5. Friday evenings at home - we watched the movie "Shall We Dance" - such a romance (sigh)!( I think I need more chick flick movies in our stash.)
6. email, internet and fast electronic ways to stay in touch - thanks for reading, wherever you are and for caring about me!