Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lists of 2012 - #49

Listography 2012 - #49 - Books I Read This Year

For book club:

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Purge by Sofi Oksanen

A Walk Across the Sun by Corbin Addison

Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks

The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

The Virgin Cure by Amy Mckay

The School of Essential Ingredient by Erica Bauermeister

The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles

Others:

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

Earth's Children (re-read) - Jean Auel
       Clan of the Cave Bear
       Valley of Horses
       The Mammoth Hunters
       The Plains of Passage
     
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

7 : An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake

Chocolat by Joanne Harris

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother  by Amy Chua

Ellis Island by Kate Kerrigan

Bloom by Kelle Hampton

The Girl in the Blue Beret by Bobbi Ann Mason

Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis

The News from Paraguay by Lily Tuck

In progress:

Priceless by Tom Davis

Julie & Julia by Julie Powell

24 - that's 2 a month!  Wow - I didn't realize I had read that many.  If I had to pick only one to take with me to a desert island, I don't know which one it would be!  The book club reads were all good. (There was 1 book I didn't read this year - long story - I moved on!)  And if you only read one book in the next year, pick The Five Love Languages - it's relationship changing.

Thank you to Shelfari for helping me to keep track of this year's list!  I don't think I would have remembered all of them on my own.







No comments:

Post a Comment