Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Right Now

On the longest day of the year . . . .

right now, I am ...
:: marveling that this is the longest day of the year - and the days are going to start getting shorter now!!
:: revisiting my opinions about some important discussions.
:: plotting summer vacation plans.
:: finishing repotting the last tomato plants.
:: stopping to enjoy the small bits of sunshine that sneak in between rain showers.
:: wondering how I can get all the sewing projects done that I want to give this weekend.
:: casting about for clothes to wear to some business meetings later this week.
:: listening to the evening news announcing Prince William and Kate's itinerary for their Canadian visit.
:: queing cards, letters and packages to mail - whenever the strike at Canada Post ends. 
:: feeling excited for my friends that are retiring this month.
:: loving the birthday celebrations of this month.  It's Blake's 2nd birthday today :)
:: hoping to squeeze in all the things we have planned for this weekend.
:: wanting desperately to get rid of the laryngitis and summer cold that landed on me today.
:: thinking about my sister and brother-in-law's 26th wedding anniversary today.
:: making lunch for tomorrow using leftovers.
:: planning to phone a friend that I haven't seen for far too long.
:: reminding myself to give God thanks in everything, good and not-so-good.
:: savouring summer flowers in all their glory - bright colors and beautiful shapes.


bouquet from Naomi's garden

2 comments:

  1. It is all about the "right now" isn't it - a wonderful reminder. Good and not so good, frustrating and all mixed together. The reality of our days. Now. Loved this, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about what you're up and planning each week when you post these. What kind of business meetings are you attending?
    I would love to come over and see all those sewing projects you are up to. It's my goal this year to make four things with my sewing machine. The year's half over and I still haven't started. I am hoping you'll help me with one when you visit. ;)
    Enjoy your week, and I hope you're cold and the rain disappear quickly.
    God is so good, even when we can't always see it or understand why it's that way. He's still always loving, caring and providing for us. I've been thinking lots on that this week, too. Miss you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete