We're on the road again, after 3 very busy days in Taiwan! I have not walked this much in many years! Mel and Tyler are great hosts and have shown us amazing sites including:
- Taipei 101 - the tallest building in the world - great observation deck and views of the city
- hiking to Jiowu Mountain - a 2.5 km trek through rainforest up a bazillion steps - I made it! (after I lost my breakfast from the heat, humidity and hard work!!)
- the tea buffet (including squid salad and red bean with silver fungus cold dessert soup!) at the Grand Hotel, built under Madame Chiang Kai-Shek's guidance - how elegant and very traditionally Chinese
- night market shopping - crazy busy with stuff and people EVERYWHERE!!
- the school they taught at
This morning we were up at 4:30 to catch a flight to Hong Kong. If we thought Taipei was crowded and busy, this is insane! Nearly 7000 people per square mile with tall, tall buildings everywhere you look. We toured Aberdeen Harbour on a sampan, check the view from Victoria Peak, visited a jewellery manufacturing site (where I got a gorgeous anniversary present!!), shopped a street market and then hit the Women's Market (3 blocks chock full of electronics, sportswear, women's clothing, shoes and jewellery). I think Bob's about shopped out and we need to find more suitcase space too!!
Sorry I can't upload pictures tonight - I wish I'd know our hotel here had internet access but I really didn't want to drag the laptop to China. So hopefully next week I can do share some pictures. I am snapping like crazy!
Love you all - wish you could be here to experience this! And I miss ALL of you!!! (((Hugs)))