Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving Thoughts


It's a gorgeous autumn weekend here with beautiful leaves, crisp temperatures and golden sunshine.  It seems like the right time to record some thoughts and share them again.  

1.  As we gather in our harvest from garden and field, this set of harvest photographs reminds me that there are so many farmers around the world who have also been blessed with abundant crops.  

2.  I'm going with my class of confirmation students from our church to spend a few hours working at our local food bank next week.  This is a first for all of us and I'm happy that we are spreading our wings a bit.  We are also taking along produce from our community.  



3.  These days of coloured leaves and beautiful sunlight are good for the soul!

4.  This week I baked pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cookies, and then we had pumpkin French toast for breakfast.  Another day there were baked apples and applesauce.  Ah, the flavours of autumn!  Apple pie baking is still on my radar but I have too many other projects going on right now.  



5.  The ever-amazing Kelle Hampton at Enjoying the Small Things wrote this wonderful letter, "Dear Daughters, Be You" .  I love the message for my daughters and my granddaughters.  

Happy Thanksgiving!  May you live a life of thanksliving for all He's given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment