1. Jumping, or should I say ambling, back into blogging has me excited about writing and posting again. Sometimes month away to contemplate is the thing to do. And now blogging again seems about right.
2. Summer is here - green grass, garden growing, chickens clucking, tomatoes (many, many!) in pots - signs of the season. It's very hard to believe that the longest day of the year is just one week away - and then the days start getting shorter again. Not going there, not thinking about that - just enjoying the long, long evenings now.
3. The kale is doing wonderfully in the garden and I think we can use it this week! Close behind are lettuce and spinach. I am very tempted to empty a bag of Bob's potatoes that he started in April. Pretty sure they are ready to use - maybe a Father's Day treat?!
4. My school bag is full of a stack of marking for English 10 - part of my assignment for the next 3 weeks. This is a change of pace and a professional challenge to analyze writing and assign grades.
5. Does anybody still read blogs - or is everyone busy on Instagram and Twitter? I love IG but there's something about the written word and people's thoughts that draws me to blogs.