Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Simple Woman #89


For Today . . .  May 24, 2010



Outside my window . . . the sun came out and dried up all the rain!  And the temperature recovered from -1 degree at 5 a.m. to get up to +16 degrees C this afternoon.  There was a breeze blowing and Tyler, Melinda and Helayna even flew a kite for awhile!

I am thankful . . . that all our family came home this weekend to celebrate Samuel's birthday.

And I also am thankful . . .  for both sets of our parents who are enjoying these 5 great-grandchildren.

I am praying . . . that Samuel will grow to be strong and wise, compassionate and filled with God's spirit, moving in his life and through him.  

I am thinking . . .  about our good friends who were included in the party because they are  just like part of our family.  We are blessed!

I am creating . . . 
  precious memories with our grandchildren!

I am celebrating . . . our family!

From the kitchen . . .  Tyler made scrambled eggs for breakfast, lunch was leftovers from the barbecue last night and supper was Lemon Chicken, Grilled Salmon, Sweet Potato Casserole, tossed salad, asparagus, and beans.  Vanilla ice cream and strawberries made up dessert.  And I had made a Summer Lentil Salad - which I forgot to serve - duh!  So it's already for lunch tomorrow.

I am wearing . . .  black yoga pants, black and pink top, navy hoodie and crocs.  

I am reading . . .  Luke 19 - Zaccheus, The Entry Into Jerusalen




                              Shanghai Girls by Lisa See - Pearl and May, Chinese sisters living in Shanghai, are sent to America as immigrant brides, after their father has gambled away the family's wealth.  


                              Chicken Soup for the Soul - Moms and Sons - which Darrin gave me for Mother's Day.  The stories I've read so far are heartwarming!
                              
I am hoping . . . to savour every minute of the time we still have with Samuel, Tyler and Melinda.

I am hearing . . .  Silas' little voice saying "Cod, cod" and "Ast, ast" - which translated means "quad, quad, fast, fast"!  That boy - and his sister and his cousins - sure do love going for rides!

I am going . . . to water the plants in the greenhouse when I'm finished writing this.  

Around the house and yard . . .  Remember those plants I planted into the patio pots last week?  They have taken up residence back in the house in order to escape the frost and cold temperatures we've had all weekend!  Hopefully by tomorrow they'll be back outside.  

One of my favourite things . . .  being surrounded by our family.  

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a day of subbing, steak supper, babysitting Blake while Meadow and Naomi go on an 'end of playschool' fieldtrip, high school graduation, Bible study and saying good-bye to our daughter and her family.

A quote for today . . .  

"Look for the gifts inside the journey."
(from bravegirls.com)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . .  .  as part of our quad ride after supper, we stopped to pick buttercups (marsh marigolds) along the creek in the pasture.  These two were hiding in between the hillocks, picking flowers and having fun.  It was a very special time.  Mommy and Daddy said to come home after 15 minutes but I 'think' it was just a wee bit longer :))  (15 minutes with grandchildren just flies by!)









4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have the time with the whole family together. I just know how much that means to you.
    And I am reading Chicken Soup for the parents soul at the moment. I honestly find it the best thing for so many reasons, but mainly because I can't focus for long, so the stories are just long enough for me to read. It is SO frustrating not to be able to concentrate,and has been such a difficult thing to work out how to cope with. I adore reading, and I just forget everything. Sigh. BUT the Chicken Soup books are perfect. And they make me smile too. There are some really special people out there in this world of ours!
    And now I will stop because I am rambling......

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the kids are there and you could celebrate Samuels first Birthday with them all! Enjoy, this week will go by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lists! Enjoy all of your family time! And please send some sun our way now---we had to turn the furnace back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet picture, Crystal. Victor likes picking buttercups, too. Only he calls them 'peanut' butter cups. XO

    ReplyDelete